Support Independent Journalism
The coronavirus outbreak has taken a toll on communities, our country, and the world. With public schools at the center of vital decision-making, our reporters are working around the clock to answer urgent questions facing educators, families, school boards, and citizens.
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit news organization. To keep doing this work in the days to come, we hope you will consider a tax-exempt donation so that we can focus on providing the accurate news and information that students and parents so desperately need.
Due to our efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have asked all of our staff to work remotely. To ensure timely receipt of your donation, please consider making your donation electronically. To use a credit card, donate below. To contribute via ACH payment, Donor Advised Funds (DAFs), or provide another form of financial support, learn more about other ways to give.
Your tax-exempt donation to Chalkbeat, a nonprofit news organization, helps us provide local-first reporting in underserved communities across the country. Thank you for your generous support!
$1 – $99 per year
- Behind-the-scenes member newsletter
$100 – $499 per year
- Everything in the Ally level
- Chalkbeat umbrella (for recurring donors only)
- Priority invitation to chat with reporters, editors, and other Chalkbeat community members
- Priority invitation to Chalkbeat events
- Opportunity to weigh in on topics and guest speakers for Chalkbeat events
$500+ per year
- Everything in the Booster level
- Exclusive “State of Chalkbeat” town hall with Editor-in-Chief and CEO Elizabeth Green