We are now looking for Detroiters who want to share their stories. We will publish the best entries on Chalkbeat, and five storytellers will be selected to work side-by-side with Satori Shakoor of The Secret Society of Twisted StorytellersⓇ to take their story from the page to the stage at the Charles H. Wright Museum. Check out how Detroiters like you have rocked the stage here.
Who should submit a story:
Students, parents, current and former educators, community members, and anyone else who wants to share a story about their Detroit school experience.
What’s the deadline:
Submit your story by February 17, 2017 at the latest. But hurry! The first 20 people to share their story will receive a free ticket to the March event!
What makes a good story:
- 300 words or less about your experience
- A picture of yourself (that we can publish if your story is selected)
What you can expect from Chalkbeat:
- If your story is selected to be published, we will contact you by February 24, 2017.
- The first 20 people to submit a story will receive a free ticket to our March event
- If you are selected as a storyteller for the March event, we will introduce you to Satori Shakoor of the Secret Society of Twisted Storytellers, who will prepare you and your story for the stage
Don’t want to share your own story, but want to nominate someone?
- Great! You can do that by filling out the form below. Don’t forget to share contact info for the nominee!
Want to join in on the celebration? Purchase a ticket here:
Ready to share? Tell us about your experience below!