Other Ways to Give
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit news organization. Your tax-exempt donation to Chalkbeat helps us provide local-first reporting in underserved communities across the country. In addition to our membership program, here are other ways that you can support Chalkbeat.
If you’d like to make a donation by check, please make it out to “Chalkbeat” and mail to:
450 7th Avenue, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10123
If you’d like to transfer funds directly from your account, please email Jennifer Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) allow you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your preferred causes. If you’d like to recommend a grant to Chalkbeat directly from your DAF, please use the links below or view more options here:
- DAF Direct (Fidelity Charitable, BNY Mellon, Schwab Charitable)
- Vanguard Charitable
- American Endowment
- Jewish Community Federation & Endowment Fund
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- T. Rowe Price Program for Charitable Giving
Gifts of Stock or Securities
If you would like to make a donation of stock or securities, please provide your brokerage firm with the following information.
- Vanguard Brokerage Services
- Vanguard Account #64122120
- DTC# 0062
- Chalkbeat’s TIN 90-0915846
- Contact at Chalkbeat: Jennifer Jones, Director of Finance, 303-941-5068
- Please contact Jennifer at email@example.com with any questions related to transferring the securities. Please send an email to Jennifer with the name of the stock, number of shares, and fund designation on the date of transfer to ensure that Chalkbeat can properly credit and acknowledge your gift.
- Donating appreciated shares offers you a two-fold advantage. First, you avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in value of your security. Second, you receive an income tax deduction in the calendar year of your donation.
One way to support Chalkbeat’s accountability reporting is through a legacy gift providing a future gift to Chalkbeat through your financial or estate plans. Here is some sample language that you can use in your will to make a Legacy Gift to the Chalkbeat:
I give, devise, and bequeath [the sum of _____ USD (or other currency) OR _____ percent of the rest and residue of my estate] to the Chalkbeat, Inc. (tax identification number 90-0915846), a charitable corporation organized under the laws of the State of New York, United States, currently located at 450 7th Avenue, 32nd Floor, NY, NY 10123, to be used for its general charitable purposes at its discretion.
For personal service, we invite you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.