More than 5,000 Chicago Public Schools staff remain unvaccinated. Of those, 73% are non-teaching staff.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat National
Sign up for our newsletter
‘This is not inclusive.’ Some students with disabilities are going without as districts scale back virtual programs
Some students weren’t allowed to enroll in their district’s virtual program, while others are going without help as they learn remotely.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Oct 19 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class
- Oct 23 – Bank Street Language Series: “Language Teaching and the Arts”
- Oct 26 – Book Launch: “Becoming a Holocaust Educator: Purposeful Pedagogy Through Inquiry”
- Nov 4 – The Future is Now Virtual Field Trip with Edge at Hudson Yards
- Nov 11 – Reading matters: Learn about literacy instruction in Denver schools
Find your next education job.
I’m glad more Illinois students will have access to inclusive, comprehensive sexual health education.