The new rules allow schools to selectively quarantine a sick person’s close contacts rather than their entire class.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat National
Sign up for our newsletter
Here’s what happened when I finally opened up.
In Georgia, more than 20,000 young people will have become eligible to vote since Election Day.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Nov 29 – Party Like A Rock Star Family Disco!
- Dec 1 – Turning 5: Moving from Pre-K to Kindergarten for Students with Disabilities
- Dec 1 – Virtual Workshop: You've Got Game! Making Math Champs with NBA Math Hoops and the Museum of the City of New York
- Dec 2 – Sen Jose Peralta NYS Dream Act Application Workshop
- Dec 2 – Getting Ahead: Virtual Academic Enrichment Fair - NYC
Find your next education job.
- Amani Public Charter School: Middle School Science Teacher
- Rocky Mountain Preparatory School: Manager of Family Advocacy
- South Bend Community School Corporation: Director of Professional Learning
- Union Colony Schools: Executive Director
- Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy (CGLA)/Montessori Elementary at Highland Park (MEHP): Chief of Staff