Some Newark students and teachers have had to buy or bring their own drinking water because school water fountains are turned off. Officials had hoped to restore water by September but now say water fountains will stay shut off through spring 2022.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat National
Sign up for our newsletter
One unit glorifies an era of slavery, and one in which Cherokee people were violently forced from their homelands.
Why is the city’s education department doubling down on a test that perpetuates segregation?
After so much disruption, I’m trying to create a less frantic, more collaborative classroom.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Nov 30 – Educator Stress Management: Practical Tools for Coping with the Increasing Challenges of our Times
- Dec 1 – Learning A-Z CONNECT: The Power of Engagement in the Modern Classroom
- Dec 2 – Virtual Information Session: Early Childhood Coaching Certificate
- Dec 7 – How Education Leaders Can “Break Through” During Troubled Times
- Dec 13 – Virtual Information Session: Early Childhood Coaching Certificate