So far, only 46.7% of eligible Chicago Public Schools students 12 and up have received the vaccine. Officials say they hope to increase that number as they stage a campaign to reach families of younger children.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat National
Sign up for our newsletter
The experience has me rethinking how we teach, test, and talk to children about learning.
In COVID’s epicenter, Voyages Prep spent the first weeks of school creating art projects to support students’ emotional health and help them reconnect.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Oct 28 – Public Newsroom: How COVID Delayed Plans for Students with Disabilities
- Nov 4 – The Future is Now Virtual Field Trip with Edge at Hudson Yards
- Nov 4 – Holocaust Restitution: The Struggle Contines
- Nov 11 – Reading matters: Learn about literacy instruction in Denver schools
- Nov 16 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class for Parents Webinar
Find your next education job.
- Tennessee AP Access for ALL: Adjunct Online AP Teacher (TN Teaching License Required )
- Jeffco Public Schools: Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and School Leadership
- East Harlem Block Nursery, Inc. : 3-K Group Teacher
- VOICE Charter School: Recruitment and Selection Specialist
- Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens: Middle School Teacher ($5,000 Signing Bonus!)