Concerns about critical race theory are often divorced from the reality of what goes on in classrooms.
I work to create lessons that allow students to be seen and understood in a way that I never was.
Too many school leaders just want to get back to a broken ‘normal.’
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Jan 20 – Apollo in the Classroom – Jazz
- Jan 25 – Winning With STEM A Virtual Field Trip with Olympian Katie Ledecky and Panasonic
- Jan 25 – Apollo in the Classroom – Rhythm and Blues
- Jan 26 – Possip Demo – Hear from Parents and Staff with Ease!
- Jan 26 – Images of Endurance: The Last Holocaust Survivors
My lessons center on my students’ lives and stories.
Chalkbeat is tracking efforts to restrict teaching about race and bias in schools, as well as efforts to expand it, on this map.
Why is 38th Street the boundary line for cicadas in Indianapolis?