Diversity & Equity
I never did. Schools must do better.
My lessons center on my students’ lives and stories.
‘They’ll know more than I ever knew’: More states move to require lessons on Native American history and culture
The efforts to improve curriculum are continuing nationwide, despite concerns about potential backlash.
Chicago fell behind on plans for students with disabilities during COVID-19. New data show the depth of the problem.
The pandemic year has uprooted support for students with disabilities in Chicago and nationwide, creating a backlog of old IEPs that could lead to widening academic gaps for students in need of special education services.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Sep 16 – Diversity in STEM Discussions | Accelerating Hispanic Leadership in Modern Manufacturing
- Sep 16 – Discover Your Happy: Happiness in Action Virtual Field Trip with LG and Discovery Education
- Sep 20 – Fall High School Journalism Workshop – UHMP
- Sep 29 – Learn Scratch Coding with Kahoot
- Sep 30 – Testing the Limits Virtual Field Trip with Boeing and Discovery Education
Chalkbeat is tracking efforts to restrict teaching about race and bias in schools, as well as efforts to expand it, on this map.