Diversity & Equity
Some schools and nonprofits are stepping up a push to better support male Black and Latino students — and enlisting them to lead the charge.
I live in one of NYC’s most diverse neighborhoods. Here’s why it’s so hard to desegregate our local schools.
Much of the school integration work happening around the city is just parents and educators spinning their wheels.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Oct 19 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class
- Oct 23 – Bank Street Language Series: “Language Teaching and the Arts”
- Nov 4 – The Future is Now Virtual Field Trip with Edge at Hudson Yards
- Nov 16 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class for Parents Webinar
- Nov 30 – Educator Stress Management: Practical Tools for Coping with the Increasing Challenges of our Times