‘I wasn’t trying to entertain. I was trying to teach’: How a lesson about the past helped a Detroit teenager find his voice in the classroom
He started off as a singer. But after a lesson about redlining, this student performer found another way to use his voice — to effect change.
Finding courage in her keystrokes: Why this Denver freshman is participating in class more than ever
"Using the chat has helped me get more comfortable sharing my ideas," said Casandra Sotelo-Rivera.
"I feel like I’m a whole different person when I’m doing things online than when I’m not."
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Sep 20 – Fall High School Journalism Workshop – UHMP
- Sep 29 – Learn Scratch Coding with Kahoot
- Sep 30 – Testing the Limits Virtual Field Trip with Boeing and Discovery Education
- Oct 19 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class
- Nov 16 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class for Parents Webinar