A proposed Texas charter school promised to be antiracist. Then it got caught up in the critical race theory fight.
Texas claimed that simply quoting Ibram X. Kendi violated the law.
By Matt Barnum
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Jan 20 – Apollo in the Classroom – Jazz
- Jan 25 – Winning With STEM A Virtual Field Trip with Olympian Katie Ledecky and Panasonic
- Jan 25 – Apollo in the Classroom – Rhythm and Blues
- Jan 26 – Possip Demo – Hear from Parents and Staff with Ease!
- Jan 26 – Images of Endurance: The Last Holocaust Survivors