Michigan districts are investing heavily in summer school to accelerate learning. They are hiring reading, math, and behavioral specialists (and a few drones) as students transition back to classrooms.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Sep 20 – Fall High School Journalism Workshop – UHMP
- Sep 29 – Learn Scratch Coding with Kahoot
- Sep 30 – Testing the Limits Virtual Field Trip with Boeing and Discovery Education
- Oct 19 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class
- Nov 16 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class for Parents Webinar
What will it take to recover from the pandemic? In the Detroit district, home visits are a key part of the strategy
The Detroit Public Schools Community District is investing $11 million in federal coronavirus relief dollars to continue its efforts to connect with families through home visits.