Chicago fell behind on plans for students with disabilities during COVID-19. New data show the depth of the problem.
The pandemic year has uprooted support for students with disabilities in Chicago and nationwide, creating a backlog of old IEPs that could lead to widening academic gaps for students in need of special education services.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
- Sep 20 – Fall High School Journalism Workshop – UHMP
- Sep 29 – Learn Scratch Coding with Kahoot
- Sep 30 – Testing the Limits Virtual Field Trip with Boeing and Discovery Education
- Oct 19 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class
- Nov 16 – The Robertson Center Presents: The Real Value of Math Class for Parents Webinar