Tennessee law prevents district leaders from switching to remote learning without approval from state education officials, causing desperation and disruption for school officials and families.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat National
Sign up for our newsletter
High school graduation rates dipped in 20 of 26 states with data for the class of 2021, suggesting the pandemic may have ended nearly two decades of progress toward getting more students diplomas.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming events
Find your next education job.
- Maycomb Capital: Education Finance Lead
- The Urban Assembly, Inc: Deputy Director of Alumni Success
- Peak to Peak Charter School: Executive Director of Education
- Poudre School District: Integrated Services Director (Poudre School District)
- Poudre School District: Chief Human Resources Office (Poudre School District)